The Law Firm of Bryan Cave: In the Spring of 2013, the partners of the law firm of Bryan Cave New York City office created an annual $25,000 college scholarship for BCS seniors in the name of the partners’ late colleague,Mayor Edward I. Koch.
CF Global Trading — Scott Chace, CEO, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, has been instrumental in the success of our college access program, providing $12,000 to underwrite over 1,200 college visits for 9th-12th grade students at BCS.
Shanna Huston, marathoner and parent of Dakari Urrutia (BCS ’14), has used her New York City Marathon runs to raise over $7,500 for the school.
Dr. Stuart Friedman, Heights Vision Center — Husband of a New York City public school teacher, has provided a clearer future for over 45 BCS students by providing free eye exams and glasses.
Immediate Fundraising Goals (in order of priority):
• Our budget can no longer sustain an annual NYC Outward Bound Schools wilderness leadership development camping trip for 150 BCS 6th and 9th graders. It has been integral to the character development of our students. In backpacking, finding shelter, and preparing food for themselves and each other, they learn to collaborate, persist through physical and emotional challenges, show kindness and care for each other, and develop an open-minded attitude to new and challenging experiences. $40,000
• Staffing to keep the library and computer lab open during lunch and after school hours. $15,000
• Document cameras for five classrooms. $1,500
• BCS student-run employment team to hire four job-getting seniors. $800
• A summer sports and arts program. $8,000 – $20,000
To make a contribution or discuss fundraising strategies, contact: Jacques Hoffmann 917-476-5828