Dear BCS Students/Families,
What a beautiful weekend! We hope you were able to enjoy plenty of fresh air and self care!
Please look on PupilPath for your schedule
- Make sure you are looking at the correct week to see your full schedule.
- For your virtual classes, check your email and your Google Classroom for the Zoom links. The Zoom links are the same each week.
- For any blocks that are empty, that is self-directed learning. Check your Google Classroom for work.
- If you cannot access Pupilpath, please email Scill@bcs448.org
Complete your lunch form online
- BCS relies on significant federal funding each year, which we receive based on your lunch forms!
- Please complete your lunch form online: https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application
- Our school is 15K448
Complete your blue card and media consent form on Operoo
- If you cannot access Operoo, please email Tracey@bcs or text 347-563-5337 and she will send you login information
Spirit Monday 10/5 – please send pictures!
- Send pics of you in your BCS gear to RPC@bcs448.org tonight to be featured on Instagram tomorrow!
Here is our BCS Staff Photo Directory
- BCS Staff Photo Directory (it is also available on our website)
Teacher Office Hours
- Please email any teacher to discuss your child’s progress and they will respond to you within 48 hours (excluding weekends)
- All teachers have daily office hours 2:30-2:50pm where they can also reach out to you and your child if you have a question
- Your child’s teacher’s Zoom link for office hours is posted in the Google Classroom
Wednesdays Schedule for students with IEPs and Multi-Language Learners
- Wednesdays in our model allow us to provide more attention to students with IEPs and Multi-Language Learners who receive an additional half day of instruction on Wed called Academic Foundations – Look on your child’s schedule in PupilPath to see if they receive Academic Foundations on Wednesday
- All-remote students receive this support on Zoom (links will be emailed to them by their teachers)
- Blended learning students in Group A and B who receive this support come to the school building to their pod rooms
- For all other students, there is self-directed learning including work in their Google Classrooms, IXL Math, and independent reading and then Crew Pd 6
|HOW TO SUPPORT YOUR CHILD
How to Use PupilPath
Please post the period times near your child’s workspace so your child is on time
How to use Google Classroom
ESPECIALLY FOR BLENDED IN-PERSON STUDENTS/FAMILIES
If you are in Group A, see you tomorrow in the building!!!
- Look in PupilPath for your pod classroom number.
- Arrive before 9am to the school yard. Fill out the health screening before you arrive to school https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/
- Wear a mask at all times.
- Dress in layers (bring a jacket or hoodie, it will be cold and windows will be open).
- Bring a lunch or get a lunch from the school cafeteria. Bring a water bottle.
- Be openminded to school in a new way – we’re in this together! We are crew!
Free breakfast and lunch are available daily to all students
- See what’s on the menu for free breakfast and lunch this month (our building uses the HS express menu). Menus are subject to change.
DOE COVID Testing Consent Form
- Please complete the DOE COVID Testing Consent Form on Operoo as soon as possible
- If you cannot access Operoo, please email Tracey@bcs or text 347-563-5337
OPPORTUNITIES OF INTEREST
ReelWorks October Town Hall: Justice & Reform
- ReelWorks invites you to participate in our October Town Hall: Justice & Reform. This is a brave space for all young people to discuss and investigate issues that impact them and the communities that they live in. We are here to help them Take Action, by discussing the issues at hand, and ways for them to be involved in creating the communities they want to live and thrive in.
- The Town Hall will be facilitated by panelists with experience and background in social justice and civic issues. The following speakers have committed to being part of our panel:
- Dale Ho, Director of ACLU’s Voting Right Projects
- Lisa Votino, Community Organizer for Eastern Long Island Black Lives Matter
- Dr. Aaron Johnson, Activist & Educator
- This event is FREE and open to the public. RSVP is required. We will send the Zoom meeting link to all registered attendees.
- Date And Time: Wed, October 21, 2020, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT
Daily COVID Case Map
- This week, the DOE Situation Room is launching an online map updating families and the public on which buildings have active confirmed cases of COVID-19 and which require either temporary classroom or full-building closures. This map will be updated once daily with the latest information from the School Reopening Situation Room. The online map can be accessed here.
- In the event of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in a school community, school leadership works closely with the Situation Room and the Test + Trace Corps to confirm the case, identify close contacts, and provide immediate next steps for the entire school community. Schools will communicate this information and next steps to all families and students when the case is laboratory confirmed.
NYS Health Department Guidance on who is healthy enough to be in school
- The State Health Department today issued a nine-page document to help parents, school employees and school officials make decisions regarding who belongs in school when symptoms associated with COVID-19 arise.
- The Pre-K to Gr 12 COVID-19 Toolkit includes many decision trees with green and red arrows. One page for employees is labeled: “I have COVID-19 symptoms. When can I go back to work at the school?”
- Download the document here
Take-Out Meals for Remote Learning Students
- Remote Learning Students may pick up a free breakfast and lunch at select locations every day. The parents/guardians of those students may also pick up the take-out meals. Take-out meals for students and other NYC children will be available on school days from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM. No registration, ID, or documentation required.
- Find a Take-Out Meal Location Near You. Find a Take-Out Meal Location
Meals for All New Yorkers
- BCS is a Meals for All site – 610 Henry Street – every school day from 3-5pm. Please visit the community meals page for more information on meals for all New Yorkers.
- Meals can be picked up from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm, on school days only.
- No registration or ID required. Anyone (adult or child) can pick up a meal, including community residents, staff, senior citizens, etc.
- Multiple meals can be picked up at once
DOE is Hiring Substitute Teachers
- The NYCDOE is hiring substitute teachers! The DOE is looking for committed, compassionate, positive educators who are ready to make a difference for NYC students. Find more info about how to apply on the DOE’s website here. All graduates who have their Bachelor’s Degrees are encouraged to apply.
Free and Low Cost Options for Internet/Wifi